We are an established Main Contractor, based in Glasgow and Manchester, undertaking new build, refurbishment, facades, and insurance reinstatement work within the industrial, commercial, residential, and retail sectors throughout the United Kingdom. We celebrated our 40th year anniversary of trading last year and have a proven record of accomplishment in high-performance project delivery.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Design & QA Manager to join our team with a firm emphasis on the Cladding Remediation Market. The position will be a full-time, permanent contract and based primarily within our Glasgow office, working UK wide across various sites as required, providing design & QA support to project teams principally on cladding remediation and industrial new-build and refurbishment projects.
The key roles and responsibilities that would be involved in this role include the following:
- Lead design sections of progress meetings and organise technical meetings as required with colleagues, clients, consultants, subcontractors etc.
- Setting design information release targets and managing progress
- Prepare and/or manage any design documentation such as drawings, specifications, schedules for the design, procurement, and construction processes
- Preparation of preliminary design information to allow for pre-construction discussions with our client base and/or to allow for preliminary costing.
- Review any designs put forward from designers and sub-contractors for compliance, buildability, and cost-efficiency, and ensure that they are coordinated with related and adjacent trades
- Give design related support to the project management team
- Assist the preconstruction team with tender enquiries
- Identifying design opportunities and risks
- Maintain thorough and accurate project records
- Raising requests for information and managing the RFI process
- Identify and deliver the required building and planning consents
- Identify design risks and the means for managing, mitigating, or eliminating them
- Maintain awareness of project scope / brief, and working closely with commercial colleagues to identify any variations
- Produce the design management plan and distribute to design team
- Supervision and mentoring of design team.
The ideal person for this role would also have the following experience and qualifications:
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant experience within the construction industry, with a preferred minimum of 10 years’ experience in architectural duties, ideally with specialisms in related projects e.g. structures and cladding.
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Competent with AutoCAD and MS Office software
- Familiarity with document management systems
- Site condition survey and inspection experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a construction related discipline
- A flair for problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in working practices
- Mental agility and the capacity to work on multiple fronts at once
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Persistent and task-driven individual
- Professional and collaborative approach in interactions with clients, project teams and colleagues
- Persuasive skills and ability to encourage and motivate teams
- Commercial acumen and the ability to develop efficient and cost-effective solutions
- Strong construction inter-disciplinary skills
- Thorough knowledge of Scottish & English building regulations
- UK driving license and access to own vehicle preferred (insured for business use)
- Honest & diligent
We offer a competitive remuneration package, dependent upon experience, and an opportunity to be an integral part of a progressive construction company.
- We are only able to consider applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus