We are an established Main Contractor, based in Glasgow, Manchester and Bristol, undertaking new build, refurbishment, facades and insurance reinstatement work within the industrial, commercial, residential and retail sectors throughout the United Kingdom.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Manager to join our operations team. The role will be full time on a permanent contract, within a fast-paced environment and will be based at our Glasgow office with some travel expected to our sites throughout the UK, as may be required. Reporting to the Operations Director, key deliverables will be to oversee and ensure the safe delivery of projects to the required level of quality, within the programme duration and overall budget. Your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Agree the job programmes with Project/Site Managers and monitor progress.
- Communicate job programmes and subsequent changes to all affected parties
- Produce key procurement schedules and highlight any long lead requirements.
- Intervene and agree action plans to recover delays where possible
- Ensure timely request for delivery of all info that is on the programme critical path.
- Identify variations to contract, impact on programme/ revised to accommodate.
- Co-ordinate and manage sub-contractors as required.
- Compile reports to demonstrate progress against programme/budget.
- Attend regular site meetings/resolve any client related issues which may arise
- Maintain flow of timely information to client for progression and costs
- Monitoring of job costing against budget in conjunction with Financial Controller/QS
- Checking/Sign Off of Invoices/Applications for Payment
- Identification of variations, negotiation of Final Contract Accounts
- Provide technical support to Site Managers
- Ensure site H & S legislation and standards are met and maintained
- Ensure appropriate quality control and compliance on site
Requirements and skills:
- SMSTS 5 day
- First Aid
- Conversant in software packages such as Microsoft excel, word and outlook
- 5 Years minimum direct Contract Manager experience
- HND level minimum qualified in Construction Management (preferred)
- Temporary Works Coordinator (preferred)
- Experience in high rise façade replacement (preferred)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Requirement to work throughout the UK as required
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Team player
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High professional standards aligned with honesty and integrity
We offer a competitive remuneration package, dependent upon experience, and an opportunity for career progression. We are only able to consider applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Diploma of Higher Education (required)
- Contract Management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: On the road / In person