We are an established main contractor, based in Glasgow, undertaking new build,refurbishment and insurance reinstatement work within the industrial, commercial and retail sectors throughout the United Kingdom.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Estimator to join our commercial team. The role will be full time on a permanent contract, within a fast paced environment and based at our Glasgow Head Office. Intermittent site visits will be required, the cost of which will be reimbursable. Reporting to, and working closely alongside, the Commercial Director, your duties will include for the following:
- Review of tender documentation.
- Compilation of tender enquiries to our vetted supply chain.
- Preparation of take offs.
- Review of supply chain tender returns.
- Preparation of tender submissions utilising our estimating software package.
- Considering and actioning any post tender submission queries.
- Preparation of budget costings.
- Assistance in preparation of fortnightly sales and estimating documentation.
- Attendance of pre-tender submission meetings, contractor's days or site visits.
- Preparation of internal QA handover packs, subsequent to contract awards.
- Attendance of internal pre-start meetings, subsequent to contract awards.
- Management and direction of estimating assistant.
- Identification of potential forthcoming tender leads
Requirements and skills:
- Educated to degree qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Conversant in software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and notable construction estimating software packages.
- Main contracting experience.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- High professional standards aligned with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work to required timelines
We offer a competitive remuneration package, dependent upon experience, and an opportunity for career progression. We are only able to consider applications form candidates eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
- Bonus scheme
- Competitive employer pension contributions
- Reimbursement of business expenses
- Car allowance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
We are a Glasgow based established Design & Build Contractor, undertaking new build projects for many well-known brands. We work UK wide within the industrial, commercial and retail sectors.
Due to increased success in winning further projects we have an excellent opportunity for a qualified Architectural Technician to join our design department. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the freedom to make the position your own including scope to develop your experience with diverse building types.
Your duties include:
- Preparation and coordination of cad drawings including construction drawings
- Obtaining planning and building warrant approvals
- Client and external design team liaison
- Review and coordination of sub-contractors and external consultants design documentation
- Attendance at site progress meetings and in-house team meetings
- Knowledge of current building regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant experience within the construction industry, with preferred minimum of 8 years’ experience in architecture
- HND/ HNC Architectural Technology or similar qualification
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Positive, self-motivated team player with proactive approach
- Competent with AutoCAD and MS office software
- Good communicator with internal and external parties
- UK driving license and preferred access to own vehicle
- A competitive remuneration package and an opportunity for career progression. Salary dependent upon experience.
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Annual company performance bonus scheme.
- Mileage allowance for site visits
If you are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK resident we look forward to hearing from you.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: SITE MANAGER
Due to further project awards, we are seeking applications from Site Managers for our forthcoming works within the Central Belt. Experience of working with Main Contractors in new build and refurbishment is preferable.
Please issue your application and CV to email@example.com
No agencies please.