We are an established main contractor, based in Glasgow, undertaking new build,refurbishment and insurance reinstatement work within the industrial, commercial and retail sectors throughout the United Kingdom.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Estimator to join our commercial team. The role will be full time on a permanent contract, within a fast paced environment and based at our Glasgow Head Office. Intermittent site visits will be required, the cost of which will be reimbursable. Reporting to, and working closely alongside, the Commercial Director, your duties will include for the following:
- Review of tender documentation.
- Compilation of tender enquiries to our vetted supply chain.
- Preparation of take offs.
- Review of supply chain tender returns.
- Preparation of tender submissions utilising our estimating software package.
- Considering and actioning any post tender submission queries.
- Preparation of budget costings.
- Assistance in preparation of fortnightly sales and estimating documentation.
- Attendance of pre-tender submission meetings, contractor's days or site visits.
- Preparation of internal QA handover packs, subsequent to contract awards.
- Attendance of internal pre-start meetings, subsequent to contract awards.
- Management and direction of estimating assistant.
- Identification of potential forthcoming tender leads
Requirements and skills:
- Educated to degree qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Conversant in software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and notable construction estimating software packages.
- Main contracting experience.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- High professional standards aligned with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work to required timelines
We offer a competitive remuneration package, dependent upon experience, and an opportunity for career progression. We are only able to consider applications form candidates eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
- Bonus scheme
- Competitive employer pension contributions
- Reimbursement of business expenses
- Car allowance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org